WEST: The Marines’ Memorial Club & Hotel – San Francisco, CA – June 12-13, 2017
EAST: Key Cultural Center at the Albany Institute of History & Art – Albany, NY – June 15-16, 2017
About Utility of the Future: A Grid 2.0 Policy Tutorial
A comprehensive discussion by experts close to the California and New York regulatory proceedings of the new policy framework being assembled to provide structure to the grid of tomorrow. This detailed one-and-a-half day overview will provide essential insights for utilities, DER developers, financiers, and customers as they make plans to navigate the evolving electric power paradigm.
Topics to be covered in-depth include:
- Policy drivers
- Changing utility business models & incentives
- Rate design for high DER penetration
- Benefit-cost analysis
- Hosting capacity
- DSO / DSP / DERPs / DERMs
- Social cost, valuing DERs
- Locational net benefits
- ISO & access to wholesale markets
- Market animation & third party aggregators
Who Should Attend:
- Utilities – Mid- (VP, Directors and Managers) and Junior-level staff in Policy, Government Affairs, Resource Planning, Distribution Grid, Grid Engineering, Markets & Customer Service departments; new hires, trainees.
- Solution Providers/Equipment Suppliers – (Startups, Third Party Aggregators, Enterprise Utility Software, Global IT/Internet/Telecomm brands, Grid components and management tools, Communications & Control, Demand Response, Solar, Storage, Microgrids, Smart Home…): VP / Director of Market & Business development, Policy, Research, Government Affairs
- Policy-makers from state corporate commissions, state energy agencies and state-ponsored research institutes, legislative analysts on Energy /Natural Resource committees
- Environmental advocacy and renewables/cleantech-related associations
- National Labs, thinktanks, research institutes, universities
- Energy industry consultants and lawyers.